Skip to main content

Can I import a custom library inside Haptik's code step? Like a pdf generator?

Where am I?

In Haptik you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Chirag Joshi
Chirag Joshi

there is a list of packages which are available. But May I know the usecase to can suggest a right approach. 

Chirag Obhan
Chirag Obhan Community Manager

Hi @Chirag Joshi , the use case is: an end-user will come to the bot and submit some booking details, upon verifying these details from the api endpoint, the bot itself should be able to generate an invoice pdf using the details entered in the bot (since these are now validated by the api endpoint)

Chirag Joshi
Chirag Joshi

OK. But why do we need to convert it to pdf; why not just share the details to client API. Client verifies and trigger the PDF file

Chirag Obhan

Yeah, so the problem is, client doesn't have an endpoint to get the pdf - moreover they are not generating any pdf on their end and hence wanted to understand if it could be done on haptik's end?

Chirag Joshi
Chirag Joshi

We try to avoid un-necessary overhead on us; because adding a package is not 1 time activity; we have to keep updating it and maintenance at our end., security, etc. I suggest we ask client to take care of this.

Chirag Obhan

understood! Thanks for the feedback on this :)